Using the ExamView Test Manager, it is possible to collect results by scanning bubble sheets using an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) scanner.
The following OMR scanners and forms are currently supported and appear as options in Test Manager's Get Results from Scanner dialog box even if the hardware is not available.
Scanner: Advantage 1200
Forms: 2850, 2851, 2854
Forms: 258936, 258937, 259402, 259404, 259405
- Open the Test Manager.
- From the Get Results from Scanner dialog box, select the appropriate OMR scanner from the drop-down menu.
The Print correct answers on scanner sheet option automatically becomes enabled if it is a feature supported by the selected scanner model.
- Select the connection port to which the scanner is connected or click Detect Scanner to automatically set the port.
- Select the form from the drop-down menu.
The list of available forms changes depending upon the selected scanner model.
- Set the beginning question number and click Next.
The same forms can be used for multiple assignments. For example, a 10 question quiz is administered and scannedad. For the next quiz, set the beginning question number to 11 and instruct the students to fill in the bubbles for questions 11-20.
- Click Start Scanning to activate the scanning session.
- Scan the forms.
- If the Student ID on the form does not match the Student ID in the class roster, manually select the student from the roster.
- Click Finish to accept the scores and return to the gradebook.
- Verify that the scanner is properly connected before scanning the forms.
- You may include up to 100 objective questions on a test. If you have more than 100 questions, divide the test into two parts and create separate assignments.
- Place the objective questions at the beginning of the test and number the questions consecutively (e.g., multiple choice 1-25, true/false 26-40, etc.).
- If you have an issue with a form, make the necessary corrections and then re-scan it. If necessary, manually enter the points earned.
- Matching questions can be included on a scanned test, but you are limited to the number of answer choices available on the selected bubble form. Check the form that you intend to use to be sure that the number of answer choices matches the test questions. Optionally, you can include matching questions with additional answer choices and score them manually.
- ExamView provides assignment results from multiple sources. For example, a paper test can be administered to part of the class and an online test can be administered to home-bound students.
- Forms can be scanned in multiple sessions.
- If there are issues with a student’s form—such as missing responses, multiple responses, answer out of range (e.g., entering an E if only A-D valid)—an asterisk ( * ) appears next to that student’s name. Click Stop Scanning, highlight the student's name and click Edit. Change the response for any item. Click Start Scanning to continue.
- If the Apperson Advantage 1200 scanner becomes unresponsive, click Stop Scanning, press the Reset Options button (located on the scanner) and click Start Scanning. If that does not solve the problem, cancel the scanning process. Turn the scanner off, then back on, and try to scan the forms again.
- The Apperson Advantage 1200 scanner prints the percentage score on the scanner form. For tests with objective questions all set to 1 point, the score will be correct. If your test includes open-ended questions or questions with varied point values, the score printed on the form will not match the score displayed by the software. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn off printing. However, you can remove the print cartridges.
- If you consistently receive errors when scanning forms, or the data is not being properly read, check your hardware user's manual for instructions on how to clean the scanner.